Child Support & Paternity

The Child Support and Paternity Division is responsible for maintaining the court records for Child Support and Paternity matters. This office accepts filings and pleadings from private attorneys as well as pro se parties. Copies of the various documents and pleadings can be obtained from this office, (customary copy and certification fees apply). For further information go to the court Forms.

An after-hours depository is available on the ground floor of the Courthouse, Bourne Wing, just outside the Commissioner's entrance, for the filing of documents after the close of business. (These filings are retrieved by the Clerk's Office and processed on the next business day).

The Child Support and Paternity office can’t provide any information dealing with support payments, arrearages, driver's license suspensions or matters involving tax intercept. For information regarding these matters, you must contact:

Office of Child Support Enforcement

4235 28th Avenue
Suite No. 135
Temple Hills, MD 20748

The Office of Child Support Enforcement is not a division of the Clerk of the Circuit Court.

If you are seeking to file a Motion to Modify a court order regarding child support, custody, or matters concerning visitation, you may obtain these forms from the Family Division Information Center counter in the Courthouse, Room M0415 or through Maryland Courts. There is a fee of $31 for the filing of this document. (See also, Civil Fee schedule for other costs that may apply). All Motions and other pleadings may be filed at the Child Support and Paternity Division located at the Courthouse, Room D0008.

The Child Support and Paternity Division cannot provide legal advice. There are attorneys available who provide free legal assistance through the Community Legal Services Office Courthouse, Marbury Wing, Room No. 2435. This office is open Mondays through Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 4 a.m. and Fridays from 9 a.m. to Noon.

Existing Case Contact Information Form

If you have an existing case and need to update the contact information for any party to the Case (Plaintiff, Defendant, Petitioner, Respondent, Other party) or an attorney for a Case needs to update their contact information, the links to the forms are provided below. The forms are fillable and all fields in the form must be filled in.

To update a party to the Case contact information, please use this form:
Party Contact Information Form.

To update an attorney for a Case contact information, please use this form:
Attorney Contact Information Form.